The History Channel will be airing a program entitled:
Engineering an Empire: The Persians
9 pm Eastern Standard Time on Monday, December 4th, 2006
9 pm Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, December 05, 2006
For further details please see here
The program will be hosted by Peter Weller. A number of historians will be interviewed, including Professor Patrick Hunt of Stanford University and Professor Llwellyn-Jones of the University of Edinburgh.
I too will make a humble appearance on the History Channel program, where I will be asked to address topics pertaining to the Achaemenid military, the Persian Gardens of Cyrus the Great and the gigantic bridge of Xerxes connecting Asia and Europe. Other exciting topis will include Partick Hunt’s discussion of how city-palace of Persepolis was built.
See you on the TV program on December 4…
Dr. Kaveh Farrokh
University of British Columbia – Continuing Studies
Stanford University – WAIS (World Association of International Studies) member
Member of Iran Linguistics Society
Historical Consultant to History Channel……….. Thanks again Alborzi.com
Articles by Dr. Farrokh, source wikipedia:
- The Alexander Movie: How are Iranians and Greeks Portrayed?
- Iranian Now-Ruz (New Year), Nissanu, and the 365 day Year
- Pan-Arabism’s Legacy of Confrontation with Iran
- British Arabism and the Bombings in Iran
- Pan-Turanianism Takes Aim at Azerbaijan: A Geopolitical Agenda
- Dr. Farrokh was to have the above article published as a comprehensive textbook, however decided to … post the entire text along with 300 rare photos for free on the internet.